Search Inside Yourself
Born at Google. Based on Brain-Science.
From my umpteen years supporting leaders and
I’ve shared the ideas in bits and pieces … but didn’t have the expertise (or will) to create something from scratch that could draw on all the excellent resources and research that’s out there.
And then I discovered the Search Inside Yourself program.
Backed by world experts in neuroscience, Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence, Search Inside Yourself has already changed thousands of lives.
And super-exciting news! Our 2019 Canadian road show was such a success we’re doing it again!
I’ll be teaching, along with my wonderful Canadian colleagues, the full 2-day program in several Canadian cities in 2020.
- Toronto March 25-26, 2020.
- Vancouver October 22-23, 2020. More details on our 43-second video.
- Montreal November 2020.
- Kitchener-Waterloo (home of my alma mater), November 28-29.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THE SEARCH INSIDE YOURSELF® (SIY) PROGRAM.
- It’s been piloted at Google for years (taught to a bunch of skeptical engineers) and is their the most popular internal program (more than 30,000 Googlers have taken it). So it’s fantastic content presented well.
- Daniel Goleman (the guy who popularized Emotional Intelligence), Jon Kabat-Zinn (of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction fame), and Philippe Goldin (a clinical neuroscientist from Stanford) all advised in creating the SIY program. So it’s real stuff based in real science.
- Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (SIYLI) is a separate organization that keeps on top of the research so you can be sure the content continues to be leading edge and relevant.
I was fortunate to have successfully completed SIYLI’s rigorous certification process and study of neuroscience, Mindfulness, Emotional Intelligence, and leadership. Yay! It was a difficult, mind-blowing, life-changing 10-months.
And now I’m honored to be among the first certified Search Inside Yourself teachers in Canada.
THE SEARCH INSIDE YOURSELF JOURNEY
Search Inside Yourself (SIY) is appropriate for staff and leaders. It’s excellent for subject-matter experts (i.e. clinicians, engineers, accountants, lawyers) and also for those needing to lead others (and don’t find that part so fulfilling).
It’s delivered as a two day or 4 half-day
To support participants to embody the course content, the program is about 1/3 content and 2/3 experiential. It’s followed by a 28-day challenge. Participants are paired up with a buddy to encourage each other to continue their practices and exercises.
The program is officially brought to a close with a capstone seminar.
We’ve had great success delivering 60- and 90- minute keynotes based on the SIY program, and there’s also the possibility of half-day or one-day workshops. No, it’s not the full program. And these options are a great way to introduce the ideas.
The SIY program is firmly rooted in science. It’s only natural that the program is results orientated. And Google being Google, they’ve measured the results to confirm – yes, SIY is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
All participants are asked to complete a survey before and after the program. Here’s the results.
Search Inside Yourself participants reported less emotional drain after the program.
Participants were better able to maintain calm and poise during challenges.
Search Inside Yourself participants reported a greater ability to focus and be more effective.
All of the content delivered within the SIY program is backed by science.
In addition to the results we see directly from the SIY program, the benefits of Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence have been researched for many years.
In a survey conducted by the Institute of Mindful Leadership, 93% of leaders reported that mindfulness training helped them create space for innovation, and nearly 70% said it helped them to think strategically (Institute for Mindful Leadership Survey).
Reach out for a 15-minute conversation if you’re curious to learn more about how Search Inside Yourself can help you and your leaders.
Search Inside Yourself ® and the SIY logos are trademarks of