Academy for compassionate Leadership
Academy for compassionate leadership
Compassion is a core leadership competency.
Here’s what I mean.
Suffering at work is a hidden cost to human capability. Before COVID there was a lot of silent suffering in the workplace. Now, people aren’t so silent or they leave. We’re all tired, more than a little cranky, and ready for things to be better.
Compassion triggers the biology of courage, accesses our wisdom, and deeply bonds us with others. And research tells us those bonds are a competitive advantage for attracting and keeping great people, and for your bottom line.
Your customized Seniors Care Leadership Academy:
- Recharges your leaders & Expands their capacity to do the same with their teams
- Boosts connection and collaboration
- Lifts the quality of workplace conversations & Cultivates your organization’s potential.
What do we talk about?
With the context of Compassionate Leadership, we focus on the core competencies of stress management, influence, compassionate communication and delegating.
We equip participants with powerful ideas and proven tools to handle the four common challenges leaders at all levels face.
- How do I hold someone accountable in a way that’s aligned with our culture and values, and gets good results? (i.e. helps them continue growing vs. giving up).
- How do I build deep connection & show appreciation in a way that’s authentic & frequent enough?
- How do I do it with brand-new employees, including those I’ve never met in person? How do we shepherd people as new employees so they stay & engaged & happy? (vs. leave in first 100 days)
- What do I do if I can’t do it all?
- How do I promote & reward team work? How do I build a strong team?
Your managers grow their capacity to lead with compassion in a way that inspires, not exhausts them. Which means, they can bring their best to the task of bringing out the best in others.
The Leadership Academy is a fit for all your leaders.
- New leaders report they’ve become more compassionately assertive and able to catch problems before they escalate. They’re more confident, effective, and connected with their teams.
- Experienced leaders appreciate new perspectives on age-old challenges, an opportunity to reflect on their practice, plus inspiration and support as they grow their teams’ capacity.
Why does it work so well?
Because we draw on the best adult-learning principles to take your Academy members into The Learning Zone – a sweet spot where they feel safe, motivated and accountable.
The best learning experiences include brainstorming, asking questions, expressing concerns and admitting mistakes. Psychological safety makes that kind of vulnerability possible.
It’s not magic. We’ve mastered the art and science of creating psychological safety, so your leaders can bring their best selves (and worst challenges) to every call, whether private coaching or group discussions.
Bottom line: Your Academy members can count on honest and kind support as they take action to achieve their leadership goals—while learning the what and how of creating psychological safety for their own teams.
We make sure your Academy members feel motivated to learn.
- They’re ready. Our pre-program readiness assessment and application process selects participants committed to investing the time and effort their professional development deserves.
- We all agree on where we’re going. We get on the phone with each Academy member in a confidential 1:1 coaching conversation to identify their own leadership goal, one that’s personally meaningful, a high-leverage growth opportunity, and behaviorally specific (Think: expanded capacity to be calm, regardless of what’s going on around them).
- We chunk it down to make the work easy. Every month The Academy focuses on a different leadership principle. Each module includes:
- A self-assessment
- Two 15-minute audio emails and 1 page worksheets.
- Twice-a-month Open-Mic Zoom calls (scheduled to fit your calendar) to deepen understanding and identify connections to each member’s personal leadership goal.
Accountability starts with the managers.
- Your Academy members know their boss believes in them. We include managers in a 30-minute Academy Kick-off call to make sure they’re ready to commit the time and support their team members need to grow their potential.
- Their boss walks the talk. We ask managers—in the kick-off call and bonus booster training—to ensure their member’s leadership goal aligns with performance objectives. And we encourage monthly check-ins.
We hold Academy members accountable.
They commit every time. At the end of every Open-Mic call, we ask Academy members to commit to how they plan to experiment with that month’s leadership principle.
And yes, we follow up on those commitments at the beginning of the next call.
Is the Leadership Academy a fit for your organization?
Here’s something we’ve noticed over our 20 years working with organizations, especially since COVID. Those who get the most value from The Leadership Academy have senior leaders who:
- Focus on people and they trust the $/ROI will follow
- Commit and act to develop themselves and their leadership team
- Want training to stick
Which just happen to be our goals. Yup, a match made in heaven.
- We teach what works. Academy teachings come from the best of leading-edge research, validated by our umpteen years supporting leaders and teams in Seniors Care. To be honest, the best insights often come from participants—and we make it easy for them to share.
- We value your time. Developing Compassionate Leadership makes a big difference but takes time. Our unique learning approach borrows techniques from neuroscience to quickly apply the learning on the job. That way, everyone can see and celebrate their progress. Yay!
- Our training sticks. We draw on the best of adult-learning principles to create The Learning Zone—that sweet spot where participants feel safe, motivated and accountable.
- We add value. Just ask our clients.
What You Can Count On
- At Conduit Coaching, we use the coach approach in all our work. Which means we’re in this with you.
- No hocus-pocus. Academy teachings come from the best of leading-edge research, validated over our 20 years supporting leaders and teams.
- We help you find practical solutions to complex problems.
- We care. Really. We’ve been supporting leaders and teams since 2002. Why? Because we believe the workplace can be a place of joy, meaning and connection.
We’d love to support you bringing the best from your leaders to help them bring the best from your teams.
Excellent! Contact us to learn more.
604 873 0350